D's Daze

Like seconds ticking away on my egg-timer.... these are the daze of my life

Monday, July 26, 2004

Dust, Sweat & Tears

Ok so I"v been really KAK about updating this blog. I have no excuse for it.  The fact of the matter is I"v been busy as HELL...and I figured anyone who wants to know what Im up to would email me.
But anyway....I have a few minutes now....so Im gonna do my best to update this thing.
Where to begin??

Well...lets begin with the Dust.
I"v always considered my apartment to be clean & very livable. And if u know my neighbour you would agree with me! Anyway I"v been cleaning & packing. And after one heavy suitcase I then succeeded in filling EIGHT garbage bags. EIGHT! Ok- admittedly four of them were filled with clothes since no-one in Japan seems to know of any charities/organisations that would need it (note to self- show propper appreciation for charities back home. At least we know their names & finding a phone number isnt a mission impossible. I wonder if this is just another example of the tendency to hide what is considered shameful here?)

Anyway...onto the HEAT. Its official. Living in a sauna isnt my cuppa tea. Its the only reason I want this week over with....actually getting outa here & landing in winter! 

Tears- my farewell speech to my students. How do you keep 1000teenagers so silent for 10 minutes that you can hear a pin drop? Try surprising them with words from the heart spoken in Japanese and throw in a tear or two for good measure. They will loved it!
By the third speech that day (at my farewell dinner) I learned the secret to dry eyes- ALCOHOL!
My supervisor was really wasted & said the sweetest thing in his speech. He said (in the style of an english lesson in Japan -ie in Japanese with some English translations & a few repeat after me bits) "Danola deserves to be loved, by everyone. And she is."
Awwww....
But the final tear jerker moment has yet to come. Saying "ja ne" to an amazing man. I know its not "sayonara" but its still going to hurt like hell.  A lesson in Shinbou desu ne.

Dust, sweat & tears...thats what I"v been doing recently.

13 Comments:

  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Frankthetrekker said…

    Speaking of youth hostels, anyone know what happened to Backpack Earth? I was getting ready to book my entire trip and the site is half down it looks way different. Anyone?

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger John said…

    Ciao Danola ! Non potevi esprimere meglio il tuo pensiero riguardo a Dust, Sweat & Tears . Complimenti per il tuo blog, è davvero bello! Continua a tenerlo aggiornato! Se ti va di visitare il mio sito che riguarda scommesse sportive clicca su questo link: qui troverai solo scommesse sportive !

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Jimmy said…

    What can I say in addition on Dust, Sweat & Tears ? I think that you explained it very well! Would you be interested in a website about scommesse calcio ? Have a jump on it and look for something that you can be interested in! You'll find only scommesse calcio .

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger Jimmy said…

    Devo complimentarmi con te Danola per questo bellissimo blog! Veramente pieno di informazioni! Forse potrebbe interessarti dare un'occhiata al mio sito che contiene informazioni su scommesse ... se ti interessano scommesse è il sito che fa per te!

     
  • At 4:39 AM, Blogger Riky said…

    I must congratulate with you Danola because of this wonderful blog! It's really full of informations! Maybe you could be interested in having a look to my internet site that includes informations about scommesse ... if you are interested in scommesse it's the right place for you!

     
  • At 5:31 AM, Blogger Riky said…

    This is a very nice post about the Dust, Sweat & Tears , Danola try to keep it up to date because it seems one of the few interesting blogs on the internet! I would like to tell you to visit my website that is about risultati scommesse . Only the best informations about risultati scommesse !

     
  • At 3:13 AM, Blogger John said…

    Ciao Danola ! Hai creato veramente un bellissimo blog, complimenti! Vorrei segnalarti il mio sito che si occupa di scommesse online . Solo scommesse online !

     
  • At 4:08 AM, Blogger John said…

    Ciao Danola ! Non potevi esprimere meglio il tuo pensiero riguardo a Dust, Sweat & Tears . Complimenti per il tuo blog, è davvero bello! Continua a tenerlo aggiornato! Se ti va di visitare il mio sito che riguarda scommesse sportive clicca su questo link: qui troverai solo scommesse sportive !

     
  • At 1:02 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Ciao Danola ! Hai creato veramente un bellissimo blog, complimenti! Vorrei segnalarti il mio sito che si occupa di scommesse online . Solo scommesse online !

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Ciao Danola ! Non potevi esprimere meglio il tuo pensiero riguardo a Dust, Sweat & Tears . Complimenti per il tuo blog, è davvero bello! Continua a tenerlo aggiornato! Se ti va di visitare il mio sito che riguarda scommesse clicca su questo link: qui troverai solo scommesse !

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger lewislane1818 said…

    I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

     
  • At 4:08 AM, Blogger meghanbenson1908 said…

    I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

    http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

     
  • At 3:29 AM, Blogger bengribbel01328148 said…

    Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

    Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

    Get these Degrees NOW!!!

    "BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

    Get everything within 2 weeks.
    100% verifiable, this is a real deal

    Act now you owe it to your future.

    (413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home